Fluent in 3 Months Premium
SPEAKING A SECOND LANGUAGE - THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE
SPEAKING A SECOND LANGUAGE
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE
LANGUAGES ARE AN INVITATION TO A WHOLE NEW WORLD.
- The freedom to travel anywhere
- The confidence to start a conversation with anyone
- The adventure of speaking to people in their own language
Learning a new language stimulates your brain. It allows you to experience other cultures from the inside. And it gives you the confidence to start conversations with people you'd otherwise never have met.
Get started now!
freedom • confidence • adventure
I've asked thousands of language learners about their biggest barriers to speaking a new language.
"I don't know how to find the courage to talk to people"
"I get nervous when initiating a conversation"
"I'm scared of making mistakes and looking stupid"
"I don't want to look like a fool in front of strangers"
Do you identify with any of these comments?
I did, for sure.
We all want to be dedicated, motivated language learners. We all know that we should be determined and committed. We all want to impress our friends with our language smarts.
When I moved to Spain, I lived there six months, and I was still terrified of starting a conversation in Spanish. I took language classes. Even then, I didn't have the confidence to go out and talk to people.
We know we "should" study grammar. We know we "should" set aside a time for language practice every day. We know we "should" memorize vocabulary.
But does any of that ever happen?
No. Instead, we think we're stuck with our "limitations". We believe that language learning is just for gifted geniuses. We tell ourselves that we're too old, or that we're unable to travel, or that we've got a poor memory.
None of those needs to hold you back.
I'M BENNY LEWIS!
You might know me as the author of the #1 best seller Fluent in 3 Months. Or you might have seen me profiled in National Geographic or speaking at TEDx.
Over the past 10 years, I've traveled to over 40 countries, become fluent in eight languages, conversational in another four and I've gotten by in another 12 languages.
Thanks to my adventures and the charm of my lilting accent I've been given the nickname
Benny the Irish Polyglot.
You've probably guessed that it hasn't always been this way.
When I started out, I didn't have a clue about learning languages. I'm not "natural" or "gifted" with languages. And I don't consider myself a particularly dedicated learner.
How have I learned so many languages?
Here's what changed things.
- I figured language is about communication.
- It's about meeting interesting people.
- It's about discovering new worlds.
- It's a social thing.
Yet so often, we make language learning about sitting at a desk, reading from a textbook. All the fun and passion are drained away. And language learning should be all about fun and passion.
In other words, I found that if I simply started speaking a language, from day one, and immersed myself in that language, I naturally picked it up.
By meeting interesting people, and wanting to know more about them, I found I wanted to learn.
Motivation was key - and I'll show you how to find yours. Confidence is also vital - again, I'll share how you get that. With confidence and motivation, you can learn any language. But you will hit roadblocks. That's why I developed systems to help me learn faster.
I shared the essentials of my language learning systems in my bestselling book Fluent in 3 Months.
Now, I'm ready to open the lid on everything...
Introducing Fluent in 3 Months Premium:
Everything You Need to be Confident in Speaking Another Language
With Fluent in 3 Months Premium,
you'll open the doors to the adventure of language learning.
Here are just some of the things you can do once you know the real secrets to learning a second language:
Travel the World
- Immerse yourself in a full cultural experience with every new place you visit
- Have the confidence to live abroad
- Understand the cultures you visit from the inside
Embrace Your Passion for Learning
- Fall in love with language learning. It’s all about passion!
- Stimulate your brain by reading books and newspapers in your new language
- Get a broader perspective as you discover new ways of thinking
- Have the confidence and courage to start a conversation with anyone
- Impress your family and friends with your language skills
- Learn how to blend in anywhere
Live Your Dreams
- Find the overseas job you’ve always dreamed of
- Meet new and interesting people
- Make the most of every opportunity
Here's what's waiting for you inside Fluent in 3 Months Premium:
(click to the titles to learn more)
A step-by-step language hacker’s pathway.
I show you what to learn, and when.
Extra mini-missions and language challenges.
This includes a checkbox accountability system to make sure you actually complete the missions.
Take notes on your favourite hacks and “aha!” moments, and practise writing in your target language.
Do It Yourself Learning Schedule.
I show you how to create a learning routine that works for you and your life (no matter how busy you are).
Everything You Need to Know About Language Hacking
Hacking a language is all about finding the easiest and quickest way to learn a language. I’ve spent over a decade discovering and developing advanced language hacks that anyone can use.
In this eight part video course, I reveal my top language hacks. I also show you how to use them as I initiate a conversation with a native Spanish speaker.
Module 1: Learn the Basics
- How to pick up the essentials of any language in a couple of hours
- Simple techniques for memorizing words and phrases
- The best starter resource for any language
Module 2: Rapid Vocab Expansion
- How to expand your vocabulary by thousands of words for free (no memorizing)
- A new way of thinking that makes communicating easy
Module 3: Your First Conversation
- How to drop your shyness and just start talking
- Tips for beating conversation anxiety
Module 4: “What Do I Say?”
- Make your first conversation go smoothly
- How to keep the conversation going when you run out of vocab
- Simple scripts to keep the words flowing
Module 5: “I Don’t Know the Right Grammar!”
- How to let yourself make mistakes without tripping up over them
- What people in other cultures have that you need (and how to get it)
- The best way to learn grammar
Module 6: What To Do When You Don’t Understand
- The “pick out” technique to make sense of almost anything
- How to spot cues that give away what’s being said
- Why the real world is different from a language exam
Module 7: “What If I Forget The Word I Need?”
- The Captain Jack Sparrow speaking hack
- How to avoid umms and ahhs
Module 8: No English!
- How to avoid the temptation to fall back on your native language
- What to do if people speak English to you
- A simple secret for masking your accent
In my language learning adventure, I’ve been lucky enough to meet some of the world’s greatest polyglots. These people are my mentors — the ones I’ve turned to when I’ve been stuck in my language learning.
I’ve reached out to them so you can benefit from their best advice.
Improve Your Accent with Luca Lampariello
Luca is an Italian polyglot who’s been studying languages for over 20 years. In my interview with Luca, he explains:
- Simple strategies for improving your second-language accent, so you sound like a native.
- How to break down the “sound system” of any language
- How to catch the elusive magic touch with any language by understanding how languages really work
Enjoy Every Conversation with Anthony Lauder
Anthony Lauder the “Polynot” is an Englishman who lives in the beautiful city of Prague. From Anthony you’ll learn:
- The number one mistake that people make when they take language courses
- The secret to make every conversation a pleasant experience
- Phrases you should learn so you can start speaking from Day 1
Stay Relaxed in your Language Learning with Richard Simcott
Richard is a British language teacher who has taught languages all around the world. In my interview with Richard we discuss:
- How to stay relaxed when learning a new language
- Why a “learning schedule” leads to burnout — and what to do instead to keep your learning on track
- The tools Richard uses for regular practice
Stop Stumbling Over Vocab with Alex Rawlings
Alex was recently voted “Britain’s most multi-lingual student”. He speaks 11 languages. Alex will show you:
- How to speak multiple languages without mixing them up (this is a simple hack anyone can use from the moment they start learning a language)
- How learning a second language makes it easier to learn more languages
These extended masterclasses are available as audio downloads so you can listen anywhere.
Start Thinking in Another Language with Professor Alexander Arguelles
Professor Arguelles has devoted his life to learning as many foreign languages as he can. In this interview, you’ll learn how to:
- Use language families to accelerate your learning — so you can quickly double the number of languages you speak
- Turn on the language switch in your brain
- Reach the stage where you’re thinking in another language
Boost Your Memory with Damien Elmes
Damien was so determined to learn Japanese that he developed the Anki app to help him memorize vocabulary. In my interview with Damien you’ll learn:
- How to use a Space Repetition System to improve your memory
- The best time to recall something so it gets embedded in your brain
- Software you can pick up for free to help you remember vocabulary in any language (this is Damien’s own app)
Rediscover the Joy of Learning with Khatzumoto
After 18 months immersing himself in Japanese, Khatzumoto was so fluent that he got a job in Tokyo with a Japanese company. Where did his immersion take place? In Utah. From Khatzumoto you’ll discover:
- The Olympic Iceberg Theory, and how to use it to smash through magical thinking about language learning
- Why you need a foundation in play to learn a new language
- How learning a language is like losing your keys (no, really)
Get Addicted to Languages with Moses McCormick
Moses McCormick has learned over 40 languages while living in Ohio. Listening in to his story and tips you’ll learn:
- Why messing up is the only way to have great conversations in another language
- The secret to high level focus, even if you’re easily distracted
- All about “interrogatives”, and how they get you speaking, fast
Break Down Your Learning with Scott H. Young
Scott H. Young is an author and serial student who completed the full 4-year MIT Computer Science program in just 12 months. Scott shares how you can:
- Use the Stepping Stone technique to chunk your learning
- Keep motivated long term — so you don’t burn out after just a few days
- Drop your ego and let mistakes be part of the learning process
Crack the Language Mystery with Stuart Jay Raj
Stuart is a TV host and jazz pianist who is fluent in 13 languages, and can hold conversations in 15 more languages. In my interview with Stuart you’ll discover:
- The Sherlock Holmes approach to language learning
- How non-verbal vocabulary varies across cultures — and why you need this to be fluent
- Memory tricks you can use to memorize any list of words
These exclusive videos are only available to Premium members. New videos are added every month.
How to Use Virtual Flashcards to Improve Your Vocabulary
- How virtual flashcards help you learn (better than standard flashcards)
- Where to download free flashcard apps
- How to find ready-made language flashcard decks
- How to make your your own customized flashcard decks
How to Find Teachers and Language Partners Online
- Where to find professional lessons and informal tutoring on the internet
- Tips on finding the very best online teachers
- How to check the ratings and reviews of online teachers
New Exclusive Video Tutorials
Fluent in 3 Months Premium is a lifetime membership program. Sign up now and you’ll get access to all my new premium videos, the moment they’re released.
Full Immersion in Your Target Language
Get an insider’s view on the tools, resources, routine and daily habits I use to immerse myself in a new language. Then use this to develop a language toolkit and daily routine that works for you.
Speaking is always the best way to learn a language. But sometimes there’s not a conversation partner available, or you just need to build a vocabulary. I’ve spent years searching out the best immersion resources, and I’ve put twelve kits together for you, including
American Sign Language
Each kit features a range of resources, such as:
- Starter words and phrases to build your vocabulary for your first conversation
- My favorite go-to dictionaries
- Guided online tutorials
- My favorite books for language learning
- Pronunciation and accent training
- Tests to evaluate your current language skills
- Podcasts and radio stations for audio immersion
- Video immersion websites
- Reading immersion — including news websites and smartphone apps
- Language games
- Tips on finding native speakers who live in your city
Conversational Connectors are simple phrases you can learn to “stretch out” a conversation. They make the conversation more natural and comfortable for you and the person you’re speaking with. They also give you the confidence to start a conversation without worrying that you’ll run out of things to say.
I’ve collected Conversational Connectors for 24 languages including:
You’ll find all of these inside Premium.
Ask Me Anything
Got questions? Want to know how to develop a language hacking strategy that’s right for you? Looking for a particular resource? We've got the answers.
Members of Premium get exclusive and priority access to my team of language wizards. If you’re ever stuck with anything language related, and you can’t find the answer on Premium, you can drop me a line and we’ll do everything we can to help.
The Fluent in 3 Months Library
In the library, get my original Language Hacking Guide plus access to the "director's cut" of my print book, Fluent in 3 Months.
The original guide that inspired the bestseller Fluent in 3 Months*
- 125 pages of practical tips to improve your confidence, speaking skills and memory
- Kindle, epub and pdf versions included — so you can read it on your computer, tablet or ebook reader.
- Download the guide in 24 languages — so you can practice your language skills
- Audiobook version included, so you listen on the go
- Previously on sale at $67, and included FREE for all Premium members
There’s only so much you can fit into a paperback book, even if it’s a bestseller.
I’ve collected everything I wanted to include in Fluent in 3 Months but that couldn’t fit, and packaged it in with Premium.
- Cliffnotes style “refresher courses” for each chapter, so you can find what you need to know without leafing through the book
- Dozens of extra resources for every chapter
- Links to my videos and blog posts that help your dig deeper into each chapter’s content
"Language software can costs hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Workbooks and courses just as much. When I look to spend my money on something, I look to buy from someone with the “heart of a teacher” who has walked-the-walk. In the realm of language learning, that person is Benny Lewis. In this area, I’ve never read a more valuable product. Benny has sparked my interest in learning another language, and shown me that I really can do it! You won’t regret picking up a copy of Fluent in 3 Months Premium! I sure don’t!"
- Adam Baker, Manvsdebt.com
"Benny has an awesomely unconventional approach to learning languages, stressing the importance of confidence in your own abilities, and the necessity of action over perfectionism. He also has helpful tips for making the time to learn, and unique ways to connect with native speakers, whether you’re at home or traveling. If you want to learn new languages, Benny’s Fluent in 3 Months Premium is invaluable!"
- Cody McKibb, thrillingheroics.com
"Benny’s book and bonus course is one-of-a-kind out there. In it he addresses some of the critical things that other language books neglect; how to maintain the right attitude while learning a foreign language, how to deal with frustrations, and how to establish an immersion environment without actually being in the native country. I would’ve paid double the price for Premium because it has saved me months if not years worth of time in learning a foreign language in the optimal way!"
- Mika Zhang
"I loved the fact that a series of interviews and a handful of worksheets accompanied the Fluent in 3 Months Premium package and I really felt that it was well worth the money. The worksheets were really helpful in making me pinpoint my language learning goals etc. and listening to all the interviews really made me inspired to work harder towards my goals. I appreciated the fact that Benny emphasized the crucial difference between “thinking about” and “doing” and I absolutely loved the fact that he didn’t sugar-coat everything and that he strongly encouraged his readers to stop being timid recluses and to just speak in their target language."
- Alysia Raine
Try Fluent in 3 Months Premium risk-free: 30-Day No Questions Asked Guarantee
I'm certain that Fluent in 3 Months Premium will give you everything you need to learn a new language. If for any reason it doesn't, I insist you have your money back. Just email me within 30 days of joining, and I'll send your refund. No questions asked.
START YOUR LANGUAGE ADVENTURE, TODAY!
Get lifetime membership to Fluent in 3 Months Premium